PDA

View Full Version : just bought HL for this game

mycatisonFIRE
09-16-2007, 08:14 AM
and i need a little help. never been much of HL player and i need some help with my config. im looking for performance and im basically just looking for HL2 .cfg that knocks out all the eye candy. if you have a .cfg that does this or know where i can get one please let me know. thanks in advance

pizzahut
09-16-2007, 10:45 AM
From the title I thought you purchased Half-Life (1).

If putting everything on low in advanced video options isn't enough, you could try to force DirectX 7. This is done by adding -dxlevel 70 to the launch options. (You can check in the video options of FF if it worked.)

Also the Steam community might cause fps drops (it did for me), you can disable it in Steam Settings, tab "In-game".

If you have a slow system, consider upgrading, because even with low settings you won't get a decent frame rate.

Carnifex
09-16-2007, 01:04 PM
From the title I thought you purchased Half-Life (1).

If putting everything on low in advanced video options isn't enough, you could try to force DirectX 7. This is done by adding -dxlevel 70 to the launch options. (You can check in the video options of FF if it worked.)

Also the Steam community might cause fps drops (it did for me), you can disable it in Steam Settings, tab "In-game".

If you have a slow system, consider upgrading, because even with low settings you won't get a decent frame rate.

Nowhere he states that he has a slow computer, he just wants to play the game for the gameplay, not the graphics, thats it.
The force directx7 thing is probably the best thing to do.

Also fooling around with the picmip and stuff will make alot of difference.

mycatisonFIRE
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
no my system is more than capable.

back in the q3f and q3a days people used to put up their configs, i guess, for bragging rights. see who could get the best fps and such and there were a lot of configs out there for this sort of thing. i just didnt know if HL is the same way.

yeah, i know about picmap or whatever. im just not to sure how similar the configs were from HL from q3 (i mostly played q3). i dont wanna spend a lot of time trying to figure out the graphic options are in the .cfg. thanks for the info though guys, ill try them out.