PDA

View Full Version : Scrummage!

o_oinker
03-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Out of my love for the map scrummage i have decisded to port it..

I ported the map deagle5 (alot better then all the other deagle5's floating around) but it's sitting on my computer until valve puts in a way for people to get ammo with their weapon at spawn without a buymenu....

Anyway. i was wondering if anyone knows where their is a tutorial on how the map scrummage was done? i dun understand it at all lol i have a good idea for a scrummage style map for tfc btu no idea how to make the cap points work.

also before I start will I be able to make this style of map in FF? that would be a major disapointment. i am planning on getting the brushwork for the map done and jsut let it sit until release date.

I miss playing matches on it this sound is classic!
http://www.lamezorz.net/scrum3.wav

o_valk
03-26-2005, 02:09 PM
uses same scoring as cz2 and warpath_l afaik
id imagine that style of scoring will be made avail in ff o_O

o_oinker
03-28-2005, 03:56 AM
but how do you make it so you need to people to capture a command point i dun get.

o_mooga
03-28-2005, 04:19 AM
maybe make two cap point for two flags?
I don't know anything about mapping but I thought that may help...

o_blackhand
03-28-2005, 07:04 AM
I dont believe there is much you can do about it at this time, as you cannot use any sort of tfgoal or any tfc/ff specific entities until the ff team releases an fgd file for the game (unless you just worked it out with the tfc entities, which I dont think will work since I expect the entity structure to be at least slightly different), which will probably be quite a ways off. In the mean time I would recommend just doing the general architechture and texturing in the hl2dm environment as this will probably be the part that takes up the bulk of your time and effort.

If you really wanted to see how it was done in tfc entities, you could decompile the original scrummage to see the entity layout/settings.[/b]

o_kam
03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Make sure you get the authors permission and maybe wait till you've got more experience before you port it?

Oh and ent rip the original to see how it works.

o_oinker
04-25-2005, 06:23 AM
damn this is an old bump haha oh well.... i haven't been ont he forums in a while.

I tryed contacting the person who orginally created scrummage but none of the links and e-mails listed in his readme file work anymore soo until i get a you can't port my map letter i guess i will continue.

Oh and I was just wondering how the map was designed in 1.5 so i could have an idea to go about it in FF

o_photeknix
05-11-2005, 06:21 PM
actually, scrummage was pre-1.5 because i quit TFC when 1.5 released.
i remember this map and had some great matches on it.